Home

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Motivate!

Hi,
I know, you're second guessing the whole garden thing right now.  The weather is not cooperating, you don't have time, you have a little yard.  I hear you.  Here are some teasers, let's motivate.
Soft neck garlic, Siskyou Purple and Chilean Silver varieties
Strawberries
Mixed green salad  
Tomatoes
Are you hungry yet?  I am.  Thinking about toasted french bread rubbed with olive oil, garlic, and tomatoes, maybe with some basil on top.  Dreaming about a strawberry, spinach, red onion salad. 
So here's the deal.  Gardening is a lot of work up front with huge rewards once things get going.  We grow these beauties and more on our 0.18 acre city lot.  You can do it too.
Now, I'm getting back out there.  You should too.

-Johanna

No comments:

Winter, finally (and seriously)

I planned to start this blog last spring as my garden flew into action, but then got into the actual work of gardening and abandoned the task. However, today its winter, really winter. I'm wearing long underwear and sitting under a blanket and I'm still cold.
Today is the shortest day of the year so from here on in it gets better. I look forward to longer days, that's for sure. But I'll also tuck in and enjoy winter's freeze and snow, it does mean skiing after all. Maybe more importantly is the snow pack - without snow there isn't water for the West.
The end of the year and the solstice are a good time to think back on the last 365. I have no reason to complain and feel really lucky about the last year and really hopeful about the year to come.